Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Web apps III

Had a go with Google instead of Zoho. It was faster and infinitely easier to use as far as saving, locating and managing the applications. I'd prefer to use the Google apps than the Zoho, no doubt about it.

The spreadsheet: it was missing a few formatting features & functions that are common to XL (and that also appeared in Zoho) - it took a fair bit of hunting around to figure some of it out.

As for Google Word, I found both good and bad:

The good: there's a good spell check down the bottom. What's really cool is that you can spell check in a whole lotta different languages. That's better than Word!!!! The spell check gives you the options to correct in the usual way by right clicking.

The bad: no correct as you type function. That would drive me absolutely nuts. I NEED NEED NEED the autocorrect. Nor can I find any punctuation tool.

No comments: