Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ta da....

It was a bit of a rush at the end (see Christian, I told you I'd finish), but I did managed to get there. In some ways I'll always be a wee bit of a luddite, but that said, I'm a practical computer user like every one else. It's a work tool to me, and a communication tool, and it's a big part of my life, BUT I would never be hooked on it as a recreational device (mark well those famous last words).

Learning 2.0 hasn't turned me into an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it has been a huge eye-opener and made me feel much more aware and confident of the new world that's going on around us. I had a lot of fun doing the blog, and at least I know what an rss feed is now. It's helped me to see the internet in a new light on a personal level, and has excited my imagination about the possibilites in the library world. There are so many excellent examples of web 2.0 applications springing up in public libraries all around us - it's great. And it all kind of takes my breath away.

If I hadn't done learning 2.0, I would feel ever more left behind. I may not want to use most of it, but I sure love knowing about it.

Thanks so much for the opportunity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.